How to become a member
Qualifications & Requirements
In order to qualify for membership of the Association, at least one of the owners, principals, or directors, of a partnership, company, joint venture, firm of Consulting Engineers as defined in these Articles or sole proprietorship shall:
- Be a Corporate member of the Uganda Institution of Professional Engineers and a Registered Engineer with the Engineers Registration Board.
- Be in practice as a Consulting Engineer either individually or as a partner or consultant of a firm, whose Memorandum of Association restricts its activities to those permitted to members of this Association.
- Together with all the partners, or the directors of his firm adhere to the rules of professional conduct incorporated herein in like manner as if all other firms of consulting engineers of which members are partners or directors were also members of the Association provided that: In their application to partners, directors or consultant of a firm of consulting engineers, the rules shall have effect as if for references to clients of a member there were substituted referenced to clients of the firm.
- Be of such standing and experience as in the opinion of the Council qualifies him for membership of the Association.
List of Requirements for Applicants
- Cover letter – signed by the authorized signatories
- Detailed company profile
- Certified copy of the certificate of incorporation
- Certified copy of the Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Detailed, updated and signed CVs of the company directors
- Copies of the Uganda Institution of Professional Engineers (UIPE) Corporate membership certificates of the directors
- Copies of Engineers Registration Board of Uganda (ERB) registration certificates