At Silver Springs Hotel held on 5th and 6th December 2013 facilitated by Eng. Dr. Rubarenzya Mark
- Overview of the guidelines for drainage design and construction in Uganda.
- Design considerations for an efficient drainage system.
- Analytical methods for estimating peak discharges (Rainfall Runoff modeling, Rational method, flood frequency analysis) and indirect methods for discharge verification.
- Hydraulic design of drainage conveyance structures based on hydrological data.
- Surface and sub-surface drainage techniques, materials for use in subsurface drainage construction and best maintenance practices for drainage conveyance structures.
- Hydrological modeling.
- Flood analysis and control.
(Training included a site visit to Kalerwe)