How to become a member
UACE currently has Four (4) subscription categories, namely:
- Class A – Members with annual turnover more than 100,000 USD
- Class B – Members with annual turnover less than USD 100,000UD
- Individual Consultants – These have to meet the admission criteria and are practicing individual engineering consultants.
- Affiliate Members – These are international companies not registered in Uganda but have operations/projects in Uganda and are registered with UACE.
In order to qualify for membership of the Association, at least one of the owners, principals, or directors, of a partnership, company, joint venture, firm of Consulting Engineers or sole proprietorship shall:
- Be a Corporate Member of the Uganda Institution of Professional Engineers and a Registered Engineer with the Engineers Registration Board.
- Be in practice as a Consulting Engineer either individually or as a partner or consultant of a firm, whose Memorandum of Association restricts its activities to those permitted to members of this Association.
- Be of such standing and experience as in the opinion of the Council qualifies for membership of the Association.
List of Requirements for Applicants
- Cover letter – signed by the authorized signatories
- Detailed company profile
- Certified copy of the certificate of incorporation
- Certified copy of the Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Detailed, updated, and signed CVs of the company directors
- Copies of the Uganda Institution of Professional Engineers (UIPE) Corporate membership certificates of the directors
- Copies of Engineers Registration Board of Uganda (ERB) registration certificates